The decision to have someone come into your home and care for yourself or a loved one is one of the most difficult decisions you will ever make.
The most important, and even critical, questions a client or family needing in-home care for their elderly parent should ask include:
- Who can we trust to care for our elderly parent(s)?
Not all Home Care Agencies are created equal.
Who is an advocate for your loved-one?
Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) are uniquely trained and skilled as patient advocates and as a health care resource for the patient and their family.
The in-depth training GMC’s obtain is in nursing, social work, or gerontology.
How can non-medical home care agencies enable effective care transitions after hospitalizations?
- 19% of Medicare patients are readmitted within 30 days of discharge from hospital.*
- 20% of patients experience post discharge adverse events.*
- 75% of elderly rehospitalizations (which equates to 4.4 million people a year) may be preventable.*
- Readmission often results from incomplete communication across a fragmented healthcare system.